Summary: This dictionary covers all areas of dentistry and includes words related to the basic, clinical, and behavioral sciences; drugs; office management; and medical terms related to the dental team's interest and involvement in a patient's medical problems. Organized from A to Z, Mosby's Dental Dictionary defines almost 7,000 words related to the dental profession and features nine extremely useful appendixes, including the American Dental Association Code of Dental Proce ...show moredures. Much more than a glossary of dental terms, this new Dental Dictionary will be a reliable and ready source of information for the student, the practicing dentist, the dental staff -- anyone associated with dental health care delivery. Edition/Copyright: 98
- Includes words related to procedures, dental conditions or problems, materials, equipment, anatomy, tests, drugs, dental specialties, professional and governmental certifications, and much more.
- Carefully edited to reflect current usage, this book includes the most up-to-date and established terminology as well as guidelines to the currency of terms that, although they may still be used, are outdated.
- Handy trim size of 4-1/2 x 7-1/4 with slick, flexible coating makes this an easy-to-carry, durable reference.
- Heavily illustrated wherever visual clarification is needed, such as in the craniofacial anatomy appendix.
- Cross-referenced to related terms to relate dental specialties to one another.
- The nine appendixes include a guide to word roots, prefixes, and suffixes; abbreviations and acronyms; the ADA Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature; and the ADA Tooth Numbering System.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 1998