Summary: Ideal for chairside use by the entire dental team, Mosby's Dental Drug Reference provides guidelines for safe, accurate drug administration. More than 800 drug monographs make it easy to find indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions, side effects, serious reactions, and dental-specific drug information. With profiles of drugs recently approved by the FDA, this edition is completely up to date! A companion Evolve website adds regular drug updates, and a CD offe ...show morers a full-color pill atlas and printable patient education handouts. From lead editor Arthur Jeske, a well-known researcher and author on dental pharmacology, this pocket-sized reference provides the current, concise drug information you need at the point of care. Edition/Copyright: 11TH 14
- User-friendly, durable, pocket-sized format provides information at a glance, and makes this guide ideal for chairside use.
- More than 800 detailed monographs include each drug's generic name, pronunciation, brand names, drug class, controlled substances schedule, mechanism of action, uses or indications, doses and routes of administration, side effects/adverse reactions, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions of concern to dentistry, and other dental considerations.
- Dental considerations include suggestions for consultations and recommendations for the patient/family in preventing dental complications.
- A companion CD includes a full-color pill atlas, a searchable glossary of terms with pronunciations, illustrations of drug-related pathologic oral conditions, and patient information handouts.
- Useful appendices summarize information such as combination products, food and herbal interactions, pregnancy and pediatric considerations, and IV compatibilities and incompatibilities.
- The companion Evolve website includes patient teaching guides, a full-color pill atlas, all appendices from the t ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.