Summary: Filled with the information you need to know about your clients' or patients' medications, this portable drug reference is written specifically for health professionals! This updated edition is concise, reliable, and easy to use in any health care setting. Key details are presented in short monographs for over 950 generic drugs (including 4,500 trade-name drugs), organized alphabetically by generic name. Precautions and considerations sections are written with health ...show more professionals in mind to ensure that you have the most relevant and current content applicable to your field of practice.
- Up-to-date information throughout includes new chemotherapy, ophthalmic, and other pertinent drugs.
- Monograph sections include: drug name, pronunciation, trade name(s), category and schedule, classification, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, availability, indications and dosages, contraindications, interactions (drug, herbal, and food), diagnostic test effects, side effects, serious reactions, and precautions and considerations.
- The precautions and considerations sections for each drug monograph are written specifically for the health professions and include important information on storage and administration, highlighting those drugs that require special care in order to maintain potency.
- An updated Evolve web site offers online access to an audio glossary with pronunciations of the generic drug names, a full-color pill atlas, medication math exercises, herbal remedy monographs, detailed information on common drugs of abuse, and more.
- Useful appendices cover topics such as Error-Prone Drug Name Abbreviations with the Joint Commission's most up-to-date "Do Not Use" list, Normal Laboratory Values, English-to-Spanish Drug Phrase Translator, and more.
- Lifespan content presents geriatric, pediatric, and pregnancy considerations, providing the answers you need when working with a variety of clients.
- Easy-to-spot icons identify special drug information, including IV compatibilities/incompatibilities and high alert warnings.
--This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition. ...show less
16 more offers below.