Summary: This comprehensive textbook of physical examination, history taking, and health assessment is distinguished by its unique author team of two physicians and two nurses. Their blend of expertise results in an unusually broad, multidisciplinary perspective...a unique emphasis on differential diagnosis...and an uncommonly compassionate, patient-centered approach. What's more, their expertise in both adult health and pediatrics fosters an especially thorough emphasis on l ...show moreifespan considerations. The book also features one of the most extensive art programs found in any physical examination text--particularly with regard to abnormalities. This 5th Edition features increased coverage of evidence-based practice and complementary and alternative therapies--as well as enhanced illustrations and a state-of-the-art ancillary collection.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 03
- Lifespan considerations are highlighted in subsections on Infants and Children, Adolescents, Pregnant Women, and Older Adults.
- "Risk Factors" boxes point out predispositions to various disorders.
- "Summary of Examination" boxes help readers ensure that they have mastered the necessary examination steps.
- "Mnemonics" boxes highlight practical memory aids to essential physical characteristics.
- "Physical Variations" boxes call attention to key differences in particular racial/ethnic/cultural groups.
- "Functional Assessment" boxes help readers to focus on the impact of diseases and disorders on patient function.
- "Sample Documentation" boxes demonstrate how to record findings.
- Extensive appendices pull together essential reference material, including growth charts, conversion tables, abbreviations, and more.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Mosby's Guide to Physical Examination / With CD: