Summary: This bestselling, full-color dictionary of health care terminology is well known for its combination of relevant, thorough definitions and vibrant color illustrations and line drawings that illuminate all subject areas. More than just a dictionary, you'll also find a comprehensive anatomy atlas, numerous useful appendices, and a new companion CD-ROM featuring a medical spellchecker, audio pronunciations, and English-Spanish phrase translations. The new 7th edition is ...show more thoroughly up to date with current clinical information and over 5,000 new definitions. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 06
- Comprehensive, authoritative definitions - including major diseases, disorders, procedures, and drugs - offer the most accurate, complete information available.
- Nearly 2,500 colorful photographs and drawings illustrate all subject areas - more than 800 new!
- Large, clear type is easy to read.
- Pronunciations and eponyms for key entries assist the reader in learning and using terminology in everyday practice.
- British spellings of selected entries help users recognize alternate spellings.
- Helpful tables provide essential information at a glance.
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy contains dozens of clearly labeled drawings.
- Hundreds of lab test definitions describe and explain key lab tests.
- A companion Evolve website provides hundreds of web links to help you find authoritative information online, as well as content updates and other helpful resources.
- 5,000 new definitions have been added, representing all areas of nursing, medicine, and the health-related professions, with special emphasis on definitions related to new drugs, health professions, changes in healthcare delivery, bioterrorism, and new technological developments.
- More than 10,000 definitions have been updated and revised to reflect current practice.
- All nursing diagnosis entries reflect the 2005-2006 NANDA terminology and the newest information for NIC and NOC.
- New and updated appendices cover JCAHO changes in documentation, functional health patterns, new nutritional information, and much more.
- Selected definitions - particularly those for major diseases, disorders, and procedures - have been expanded to enable the user to obtain detailed information quickly from a single source.
- Expanded definitions of over 70 additional conditions now contain full, detailed nursing process information.
- Updated, expanded drug entries include specific drugs currently on the market.
- New colored entry words and convenient thumb indexing make searching easier.
- All tables have been updated, and more than 800 illustrations have been replaced or updated.
- A new companion CD-ROM with helpful tools, including over 400 medical terminology questions, a printable Spanish-English phrasebook, an audio glossary containing pronunciations of over 25,000 terms, a full retail version of Medical Spellchecker software, and more.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Mosby's Medicine, Nursing , and Health Professions - With CD: