Summary: If you are going to buy one drug handbook -- this should be the one. No other drug handbook enables you to access reliable drug information quicker. With an A-Z organization, each drug is easy to find. But what''s even better is the fact that Mosby''s Nursing Drug Reference gives you the most complete drug information for each drug, including uses, side effects, and interactions. Key nursing considerations are identified to help you assess, administer, evaluate, and teach your ...show more patients. Instructions for giving drugs by various routes (e.g., PO, IM, IV) are also included. You will ALWAYS find the latest and most trustworthy drug information in Mosby''s Nursing Drug Reference by Linda Skidmore-Roth, a well-known expert in nursing pharmacology. There is a difference in drug handbooks -- put your trust in Mosby, the leading name in nursing publishing. Edition/Copyright: 25TH 12
- Presents comprehensive coverage of more than 1,300 generic and 4,500 trade-name drugs.
- Organizes monographs alphabetically by generic drug name to allow for fast retrieval of needed information.
- Includes comprehensive drug monographs containing generic names, Rx or OTC designations, pronunciation, U.S. and Canadian trade names, functional and chemical classification, controlled-substance schedule, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, unlabeled uses, dosages and routes, available forms, side effects, contraindications, precautions, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug lab test), nursing considerations, and treatment of overdose.
- Provides concise, practice-oriented nursing considerations: assess, administer, perform/provide, evaluate, and teach patient/family.
- Highlights IV drug information in one easy-to-find place, under the Administer heading, including special considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Identifies h ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.