Summary: Reflecting the 2010 Emergency Cardiovascular Care guidelines, Mosby's Paramedic Textbook, 4th Edition provides a comprehensive learning tool for both first-time and refresher paramedic students. Coverage includes an overview of key subjects such as pharmacology, airway management, medical disorders, patient assessment, and trauma. ALS patient care skills are presented step by step, both in the book and in online video clips. New to this edition are nine new chapters, many new ...show moretopics, and 150 new photos. Written by paramedic expert Mick Sanders, Mosby's Paramedic Textbook follows the National EMS Education Standards and offers complete coverage of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC) for the EMT-Paramedic. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 12
- More than 1,000 illustrations -- including 150 that are NEW -- accurately present different techniques and skills.
- Chapter openers, objectives and key terms set the stage for learning.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills are presented step by step and in full color.
- Critical thinking questions help in understanding concepts and in applying them to patient care.
- A summary and a list of references in each chapter make review easier.
- A herbal appendix in the pharmacology chapter provides access to herbal content.
- Drug monographs on the Evolve companion website include Mosby's Essential Drugs, with instant access to comprehensive, up-to-date information on the medications that are administered by paramedics as well as those most commonly prescribed to patients.
- NEW! Nine new chapters and thoroughly updated content align the text with the new National EMS Education Standards and reflect the 2010 ECC (Emergency Cardiovascular Care) guidelines.
- NEW topics include coronary bypass, endocarditis, adult IO infusion, bird flu, new fluid res ...show less
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Other Editions of Mosby's Paramedic Textbook - With Dvd: