Summary: This convenient, concise version of Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions includes almost all of the same terms from all areas of nursing, medicine, and the health-related professions, with special emphasis on definitions related to new drugs, health professions, changes in health care delivery, bioterrorism, and new technological developments. Condensed definitions incorporate only the most essential information, offering students and prof ...show moreessionals an affordable, portable alternative to Mosby's larger dictionary. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 10
- Emphasis on nursing and health science terminology makes this the most useful pocket dictionary for students and practitioners in the nursing and health professions.
- Its small size makes the pocket dictionary easy to transport, so it is available when needed.
- Definitions are concise for quick reference.
- The large number of definitions ensures that necessary information will be accessible.
- The practical, consistent alphabetical organization with no subentries makes it easier to find information.
- Definitions and taxonomy changes are included for all NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses, including those approved for 2005-2006.
- British spellings are included where appropriate to assist the reader in recognizing alternate spellings.
- Pronunciations are provided for key entries to help the reader use terminology correctly in everyday practice.
- Etymologies are included for most entries to help the reader understand medical terminology and build a professional vocabulary.
- A list of commonly used abbreviations is printed on the front and backendsheets to increase the dictionary's usefulness as a reference.
- Word roots and pronunciations are included where appropriate, to help the reader learn and correctly use medical terminology.
- Screened thumb tabs aid users in quickly locating definitions, and a hard yet flexible cover increases the dictionary's durability.
- Approximately 5,000 new definitions have been added, representing all areas of nursing, medicine, and allied health.
- Existing entries have been reviewed and revised by a review board of over 100 professionals to ensure accuracy and currency of content.
- Nursing diagnosis entries have been updated or added to reflect changes in terminology for 2005-2006.
- Current definitions have been added for all NIC (Nursing Interventions Classifications) interventions and NOC (Nursing Outcomes Classifications) outcomes.
- Doody Review Services
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions: