This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Why do more students buy this care plan book? Because it saves valuable time and is the easiest to use!Edition/Copyright: 6TH 02
System requirements for CD-ROM:
PC requirements: PC with minimum 486/66MHz CPU (Pentium recommended), mouse, Windows 95 or later, 256-color display or better, minimum of 10MB free hard drive space (75MB for full hard drive install), minimum of 16MB RAM (32MB preferred), 4X CD-ROM. Also requires a word processor (Windows-based). Word for W ...show moreindows preferred.
MAC requirements: Power PC, 256-color display or better, 10MB free hard drive space (75MB for full hard drive install), minimum of 16MB RAM (32MB preferred), 4X CD-ROM. Also requires a word processor. Word 98 recommended.
KEY FEATURES :
- New and revised nursing diagnoses through the 2000 NANDA conference
- With the free CD-ROM, users will have at hand:
- Care plans for 200 diseases/conditions for medical/surgical, psychiatric, maternal/newborn, and pediatric implications
- the ability to print care plans
- editing options to create custom patient plans
- Comprehensive guidelines for nursing care plans encompass total patient needs, including the physical aspect as well as cultural, sexual, nutritional, and psychosocial needs, and familiarize students with what they will encounter in the hospital
- NIC/NOC labels link content to nursing diagnoses
- Critical thinking emphasized throughout, promoting thoughtful decision making and better individualization of care
- A variety of care maps illustrate the use of clinical pathways and differentiate them from care plans
- Variations for the community and home care settings reflect today's health care environment
- All nursing interventions include corresponding scientific rationales, and DRGs are identified with projected length of stay
- Documentation requirements of government regulations and third-party payers and the latest JCAHO and ANA standards are included
- Care plans list the potential complications (related concerns) associated with various conditions
- Updated information on herbals and their interactions with prescription and OTC medications
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Other Editions of Nursing Care Plans : Guidelines for Individualizing Patient Care / With CD-ROM: