Summary: This compilation of care plans for the most commonly encountered clinical problems reflects the most current practice and professional standards in nursing. Written by practicing nurses for students and/or clinicians, it includes 195 nursing care plans -- making it the most comprehensive care plan book available! This new fifth edition focuses on evidence-based practice and covers adult lifespan and healthcare issues.
New to this Edition :
...show morele='padding:0px;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> Key Features :
- 16 new care plans and two new chapters on health care plans for men's and women's health have been added.
- Updated content includes expanded cancer coverage and revised and expanded rationales.
- Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) have been added for each nursing/collaborative diagnosis.
- NANDA Taxonomy II terminology is used throughout with terms listed on the inside back cover.
- A new, more colorful design presents care plans in an attractive and accessible format.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 03
- Preformatted care plans for 137 common medical-surgical disorders are included.
- The components of care plans are explained -- the NOC and NIC classifications, creating nursing care plans, how to use critical paths and how they are linked to care plans, and tools for performance improvement.
- 58 additional nursing diagnosis care plans provide a solid basis for creating customized patient plans of care.
- Includes expanded home care and community-based care.
- Synonyms are highlighted below the main care plan, and all commonly known terms for disorders are included in the index.
- Related to factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for independent and collaborative nursing diagnoses are featured in each care plan.
- Collaborative versus independent interventions are indicated by two distinct icons.
- Care plans are organized by body system for easy reference.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2003