This innovative resource teaches you the critical thinking and assessment skills you need to build customized
care plans based on each patient's unique needs. Its step-by-step approach guides you through the process, helping
you formulate a nursing diagnosis based on known information and assessment findings; identify the appropriate
nursing diagnosis; and create a care plan that includes desired outcomes, interventions, and evidence-based rationales.
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook is an essential care planning resource you will turn to again and again throughout your
nursing education and career.
• Provides care plans for every NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis.
• Includes examples of and suggested NIC and NOC interventions and outcomes for each care plan.
• A convenient A-to-Z organization in Sections I and II helps you quickly locate key information.
• Evidence-based practice information is incorporated throughout.
• Includes complete coverage of pediatric, geriatric, and multicultural considerations, as well as home care and client/family teaching guidelines for each condition.
• A Care Plan Constructor on the Evolve website helps you create customized plans of care.
• Features the most up-to-date 2007-2008 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, including approximately 15 new, 20 revised, and 5 replacement diagnoses.
• Provides a more detailed explanation of NIC and NOC taxonomies and their use in care planning.
• Explanations of assessment versus action interventions help guide you to the correct choice of intervention.
• Covers important information on concept mapping.
• Patient/Family Teachingsections offer expanded wellness and health promotion information.
• Clustered wellness nursing diagnoses are quick and easy to locate.
• Includes the latest evidence-based nursing rationales.