Summary: Nursing Interventions & Clinical Skills provides complete coverage of basic, intermediate, and advanced skills in a streamlined, visually-oriented format. This text features a unique, user-friendly, full-color presentation, with more than a thousand photos and drawings. The nursing process framework and clear, 2-column format with rationales help put nursing skills into the context of care delivery. Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to r ...show moreeflect the way they are commonly taught.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 04
- Includes basic, intermediate, and advanced skills.
- Standard beginning and completion protocols for each skill are summarized on inside front cover for easy reference so that routine steps need not be constantly repeated.
- Skills are clustered, with similar skills covered together, to reflect the way they are commonly taught.
- Easy-to-follow 2-column format for skills includes rationales for key steps to help students understand why specific techniques are used.
- Nurse-Alerts highlight safety issues or critical steps in the skills
- Glove logo provides a visual reminder to apply clean gloves.
- Delegation Considerations guide nurses when assigning a skill to unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Special considerations include age-related, home-care, and long term care.
- Communication Tips provide guidelines for students on how to prepare, support, and instruct clients.
- Over a thousand full-color photographs and drawings clearly show how steps are performed.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Nursing Interventions and Clinical Skills: