Summary: This best-selling text is the most comprehensive theory book available. It offers authoritative and up-to-date description and analyses of 28 nursing theories in a clear, concise, and consistent format. Organized into four units, Unit One provides an introduction to the terms, methods, and history of nursing theory. Unit Two presents theorists who develop philosophies of nursing, helping to define the meaning and purpose of nursing. Unit Three covers theorists who create conceptual m ...show moreodels of grand theories of nursing, providing a comprehensive view of how nursing fulfills its purposes. Unit Four discusses middle range theorists who formulate theoretical statements to answer specific nursing questions. Features: Edition/Copyright: 4TH 98
- Discussion of 28 nursing theorists, offering students the most comprehensive coverage of any nursing theory book available.
- Authoritative overviews of nursing theories, reviewed and validated by the theorists themselves.
- Consistent presentation of each theorists' work, with each chapter organized by the following headings: Credentials and Background of the Theorists, Theoretical Sources, Use of Empirical Evidence, Major Concepts and Definitions, Major Assumptions, Theoretical Assertions, Logical Form, Acceptance by the Nursing Community, Further Development, and Critique.
- Clear description of the terminology, method, and history of nursing theory development.
- Extensive bibliographies, split into primary and secondary works, provide excellent resources for further study.
- Photographs and brief bibliographies of each theorist add human interest and appeal.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 1998
Other Editions of Nursing Theorists And Their Work: