Summary: Reflecting rapid changes in the field, the fully updated fourth edition of this successful text focuses on the information students need to make a successful transition from the classroom to practice. It provides a solid understanding of the problems and opportunities professional nurses face, and it details the practical skills essential for success.Edition/Copyright: 4TH 03
New to this Edition:
- A new chapter on ...show more Nursing Informatics focuses on the importance of utilizing and integrating computers and technology in health care.
- New Faculty and Learning Resources provide web-based, interactive tools that include teaching tips, lecture outlines and illustration PowerPoint slides, test questions in the latest NCLEX format, suggestions for students, activities, and content updates with teaching suggestions.
- New and expanded coverage is included on nursing management, the delegation of nursing care, community-based care, and alternative/complementary health care.
- Specific career management tools -- covering communication in the workplace, time management, resume writing and interviewing tips, basics of budgeting, and a full chapter on the NCLEX-RN exam -- give readers the practical advice they need to succeed.
- Lively cartoons, student objectives and exercises, boxed information, and thought-provoking questions keep readers alert and focused on essential information.
- A solid chapter on delegation by well-known experts provides an in-depth practical introduction to this core component of every nurse's practice.
- A chapter on conflict resolution and management presents practical content focusing on strategies for "win-win" solutions to conflict.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2003