Summary: Reflecting rapid changes in the field, the fully updated fourth edition of this successful text focuses on the information students need to make a successful transition from the classroom to practice. It provides a solid understanding of the problems and opportunities professional nurses face, and it details the practical skills essential for success.
New to this Edition:
- A new chapter on ...show more Nursing Informatics focuses on the importance of utilizing and integrating computers and technology in health care.
- New Faculty and Learning Resources provide web-based, interactive tools that include teaching tips, lecture outlines and illustration PowerPoint slides, test questions in the latest NCLEX format, suggestions for students, activities, and content updates with teaching suggestions.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 03
- New and expanded coverage is included on nursing management, the delegation of nursing care, community-based care, and alternative/complementary health care.
- Specific career management tools -- covering communication in the workplace, time management, resume writing and interviewing tips, basics of budgeting, and a full chapter on the NCLEX-RN exam -- give readers the practical advice they need to succeed.
- Lively cartoons, student objectives and exercises, boxed information, and thought-provoking questions keep readers alert and focused on essential information.
- A solid chapter on delegation by well-known experts provides an in-depth practical introduction to this core component of every nurse's practice.
- A chapter on conflict resolution and management presents practical content focusing on strategies for "win-win" solutions to conflict.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2003