Deepen your understanding of the most important nutrition concepts with this application oriented online course. Used in conjunction with Nix: Williams' Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 14th Edition, Nutrition Concepts Online integrates illustrations, animations, interactive exercises, and quizzes to reinforce your comprehension and provide an exciting, interactive learning experience.
- Learning objectives help you focus your study on the most important nutrition basics, lifespan, community related nutrition and nutrition therapy concepts.
- Reading assignments highlight textbook material and provide critical thinking questions to help you read and review more efficiently.
- Animations bring nutrition concepts to life with visual instructions and explanations of a process or system, such as digestion.
- Quizzes evaluate your understanding of all the major topics covered in a particular lesson.
- Web based research activities, nutrient and diet analysis exercises, growth chart and diet design practice provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help you identify areas needing additional study.
- Access to the new online version of Nutritrac Nutrition Analysis, a nutrition and weight management program, with additional tools for learning including an expanded food database of over 5,000 foods in 18 different categories and a listing of more than 150 activities
- Versatile modular format allows for learning online, in classrooms or in blended learning environments.
- Web based research activities and exercises provide engaging ways to learn core topics with immediate feedback to help students identify areas needing additional study.
- Case studies accompany modules challenging students to work throug