Over 35 contributing authors share their counseling expertise in chapters, FYI articles, and 15 case studies.
Learn how to:
- overcome the top 5 barriers to effective counseling;
- use helpful skills to improve client exploration get to the root of problems;
- change from the medical model of short term therapy to the ongoing, relationship-based psychotherapy;
- use new ways of counseling to improve client outcomes or help a client sliding into relapse;
- increase referrals and decrease no-shows;
- know when to refer clients for psychotherapy;
- seize opportunities in the managed care, outpatient and traditional markets.