Summary: Oral Pathology for the Dental Hygienist is written to meet the specific needs of dental hygiene students and practicing hygienists. It focuses on topics that directly concern hygienists and the role they play in oral hygiene care.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 00
- Objectives: identifies what the student is expected to learn from the chapter
- Vocabulary: acquaints student with new terms introduced in the chapter with the mean ...show moreing and pronunciation
- Synopsis of Diseases: end-of-chapter summary charts of all diseases discussed in the chapter; lists all diseases and characteristics; provides a lot of common concise information of similar things in one convenient spot
- Selected references: extensive list of resources for related topics, updated to include most recent literature.
- Review questions: multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test their knowledge of the chapter material.
- Glossary: comprehensive list of definitions for all vocabulary in the book.
- Answers to review questions: providing students with immediate feedback of their knowledge of the content.
- Pathology illustrations in color throughout the book---3 times as many as the second edition (over 300)
- At-a-glance disease summary chart added to the end of each chapter. Summarizes all diseases and characteristics of those diseases discussed in the chapter.
- Treatment and prognosis added to all discussions of diseases.
- Staging system for oral cancer and management of patients undergoing head and neck radiation treatment.
- Examination procedure for TMJ and diseases affecting the TMJ included in Chapter 8
- 100 new slides for 20 case studies added to the slide set.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2000