Summary: For the introductory organic lab course, this manual offers a series of clear and concise experiments that encourage accurate observation and the development of deductive reasoning. The author places strong emphasis on safety and responsible disposal of hazardous waste. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 98
- Extensive references to relevant Web sites are included at the end of most chapters.
- The order of the chapters has been changed to follow that of m ...show moreost organic textbooks. Similar types of experiments are now grouped together.
- Experiments make use of less expensive, safer solvents.
- The chapters on Molecular Mechanics and NMR Spectroscopy have been rewritten and exercises have been added. Exercises in computational chemistry are integrated throughout the manual.
- In the Instructor's Guide, each experiment now includes information on the time needed to carry out the experiment and the degree of difficulty of the experiment.
- Pedagogical features include prelab exercises, marginal notes, clear line drawings, and questions for the student to answer. Answers to the questions are provided in the Instructor's Guide.
- At the end of every experiment, a Cleaning Up section instructs the students on how to dispose of all by-products used in the experiment.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 1998
Other Editions of Organic Experiments: