Summary: Organizational Leadership examines the concepts, issues, and practices that comprise the core of organizational leadership from a global and interpretive perspective. Underpinning its story with a mixture of description, analysis, and critique, Bratton/Grint/Nelson achieves a distinct point of view by examining leadership through a variety of prisms and by giving competing and globally diverse viewpoints equal shares in the debate. Two components unique to this text ...show moreare its global outlook and its interactive CD-ROM, which includes interviews with academics and practitioners, self-assessments, and case studies. Companies profiled in the case studies are Ziba Design (Portland Oregon), Pamela Rodgers Chevrolet (Detroit, Michigan), Calgary Police Service, Banff Springs Hotel, the Body Shop and Volvo Cars.Edition/Copyright: 05
- Chapter Openers: Comprehensive set of chapter lead-in content consists of chapter outlines, lists of learning objectives, epigraphs, short vignettes, and short chapter introductions.
- View CD-ROM: Text mirrors the accompanying CD-ROM, with content flagged for the reader via short in-text sidebars.
- Leadership in Organizations CD-ROM: Free with NEW text. This interactive CD-ROM allows the user to receive additional information on key content areas, take interactive self assessments, and analyze six different case studies.
- Reflective Questions: Reflective questions are noted in the margins so that users can check their understanding as they go along and immediately apply what they are reading.
- End-of-Chapter Pedagogy: Summaries, Questions for Discussion and Review, Projects, and annotated Further Readings involve users in a range of follow-up applications.
- InfoTrac? College Edition: Four-month subscription to InfoTrac free with purchases of NEW texts.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2005