Summary: This highly-illustrated manual is an all-inclusive examination of taping, wrapping, bracing, and padding techniques for the treatment and prevention of common athletic injuries and conditions. Grounding students with an understanding of the research behind the methods, this comprehensive text will provide students a foundation of knowledge that will be key to their understanding, selecting, and performing the most effective techniques for athletes in their care.Edition/Copyright: 06
...show moreR> Instructive and practical in classroom or clinical settings, students as well as practicing ATs and other sports medicine personnel will appreciate this versatile resource. More than simply ''sticky side down,'' Orthopedic Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, & Padding encourages a critical thinking approach to risk management and injury prevention.
- Covers more than 200 taping, wrapping, bracing, and padding techniques
- Multiple step-by-step photographs clearly illustrate each procedure
- All body region chapters include learning objectives, illustrations for anatomy review, and a brief discussion of common injuries and conditions
- Research Brief boxes provide objective information regarding the effectiveness of techniques
- End-of-chapter includes a case study and a Wrap Up summary reinforcing the objectives of the chapter, along with references
- Case studies promote critical thinking within an actual prevention, treatment, and therapeutic exercise protocol
- If/Then sections offer students guidance in choosing the most appropriate technique
- Helpful Hints offer quick tips and other "tricks of the trade"
- Sidebars offer a unique look at the "first use" and history of the names of specific taping techniques
- Provides alternate solutions for situations where budgets, supplies or facilities are limited
- Chapter 13, "Protective Equipment and Padding," addresses mandatory equipment and equipment fitting for common sports
- Also useful for sports medicine professionals and coaches
Publisher: F. A. Davis Co.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Orthopedic Taping, Wrapping, Bracing, and Padding: