Summary: The Pasajes series is one of the most widely used and highly respected programs for intermediate Spanish courses in North America. As in previous editions, Pasajes is a multi-volume component program. Pasajes, Fifth Edition, consists of three volumes--a review grammar, a cultural reader, and a literary reader--that are coordinated by theme and by language, chapter by chapter, across all three books. The result is a very flexible program that can be used in any combin ...show moreation and thus is easily adapted to suit a wide variety of instructors and intermediate courses. The Fifth edition of Pasajes retains the flexible format that has proven successful in programs around the country while offering a host of changes that keep the materials topical and current. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 03
New to This Edition :
- New to the Fifth Edition of Pasajes is a change to the chapter themes for Chapters 3 and 10, respectively. Chapter 3, which previously dealt exclusively with the theme of death and superstition, has been refocused and now treats the topic of festivals and cultural traditions in the Hispanic world. Chapter 10, which formerly dealt with habits and dependencies, has been broadened in scope and in the Fifth Edition deals with health and well-being. These changes, which respond to user feedback, introduce a fresh perspective to the Fifth Edition.
- Each chapter now opens with a new discussion section, Reflexiones, which prompts students to begin investigating the chapter theme through a critical examination of fine art that introduces the chapter. Contrastive and comparative analyses serve as an advance organizer for students while also helping develop their critical thinking and visual literacy skills.
- Literary readings in the fifth edition reflect a return to many of the canonical selections that characterized earlier editions of Pasajes: Literatura. While Pasajes still strives to introduce students to contemporary Hispanic writers, the importance and contributions of the literary canon are equally represented in this edition. The new readings include four genres: short story, poetry, drama, and essay.
- "El laberinto de la soledad," Octavio Paz
- "Meciendo," Gabriela Mistral
- "El censo," Emilio Carballido
- "Apócalipsis," Marco Denevi
- "Espuma y nada más," Hernando Téllez
- "Cajas de cartón," Francisco Jiménez
- "Cubanita descubanizada," Gustavo Pérez Firmat
- "Memoria electrónica," Mario Benedetti
- "El sur," Jorge Luis Borges
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Other Editions of Pasajes : Literatura: