Summary: Dynamically illustrated in full color, Pathophysiology is a comprehensive exploration of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and treatment of disease. Organized by body system, each unit opens with an illustrated review of anatomy and normal physiology, then follows with the disease processes and abnormalities that can occur. The text includes the influence of behavioral factors, life-style choices, and environmental factors on the cause and progress ...show moreion of disease, and covers the most current advances in genetic research and treatment modalities. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 05
- Highlighted Key Concepts are included in bulleted format after major discussions to help the student focus on important information.
- Key terms appear in bold type within text discussions, and new terminology is defined in a comprehensive glossary, to help the student identify and understand new and important terms.
- Key Questions are listed at the beginning of each chapter, emphasizing the most important concepts to be mastered.
- Aging Process algorithms provide brief analyses of age-related changes of specific body systems, using an easy-to-understand, step-by-step format.
- Frontiers in Research essays introduce each unit with an overview of current trends and recent developments, and speculation about future research findings.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Other Editions of Pathophysiology - With CD: