Summary: This new edition, now in full color, is the leading textbook of pathophysiology on the market. It provides detailed explanations of the basic concepts of pathophysiology: cellular structure, communication, injury, and repair. It also includes the latest research on influence of environment and genetics on disease processes. The body systems organization of the chapters makes all information easily accessible. Each unit begins with an overview of normal anatomy and physiology. Plus, t ...show morehe consistent presentation of specific diseases covers etiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and treatment. The lifespan coverage highlights aging factors in the development of disease with special headings and provides in-depth pediatric content in separate chapters. These features, plus hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations, are invaluable for learning to identify disease manifestations. This text provides students the complete knowledge base necessary for learning pathophysiology. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 98
- Basic pathophysiologic concepts presented in Part One to provide a solid foundation for specific disease processes in Part Two.
- Consistent chapter organization within each of the body systems units: 1. Overview of normal anatomy and physiology of the specific body system;
2. Alterations of function in adults;
3. Alterations of function in children.
- Detailed chapter outlines with page numbers begin each chapter for easy access to content.
- Key terms boldfaced in text and listed with corresponding page numbers at end of each chapter.
- Chapter summaries provide thorough review of main concepts presented.
- Hundreds of tables compare and contrast data to improve comprehension.
- Lifespan coverage includes normal and abnormal variations in children and older adults: separate chapters for the pediatric content and special headings for aging content within adult chapters.
- Consistent presentation of each specific disease includes epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Full-color artwork enhances learning of normal anatomy, physiology, and disease processes.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 1998