Summary: Covering the full spectrum of health conditions seen in the primary care of children, Pediatric Primary Care, 5th Edition emphasizes both prevention and management from the unique perspective of the Nurse Practitioner. Written by an expert editor/contributor team, it provides in-depth, evidence-based guidance for assessing and managing health problems in children from infancy through adolescence. Other key topics include developmental theory, the health status ...show more of children today, issues of daily living, and cultural considerations. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 13
- Four-part organization explores four unique perspectives on children - their developmental changes over time, their dependency on parents, the differential epidemiology of child health, and the different demographic patterns of children and their families.
- UNIQUE! Functional health patterns framework in Unit Three provides a lens for discussing health promotion through the various components of healthy living.
- UNIQUE! ICD framework in Unit Four addresses the classification used to code diseases in both hospital and outpatient settings.
- UNIQUE! Practice management chapter provides need-to-know information on managing a private healthcare practice, including issues of productivity, compliance with applicable laws, quality-of-care indicators, and successful business practices.
- UNIQUE! Environmental health chapter offers evidence-based content on the effects of environmental toxicants, such as tobacco smoke, heavy metals, and air pollutants.
- An 8-page color insert presents over 40 photos that visually demonstrate key assessment findings for ear, skin, and other conditions.
- NEW! Pediatric Pain Management chapter addresses the increased recognition of pain as the "fifth vital sign" with expanded coverage of acute and chronic pain management in children.
Publisher: Elsevier Science