Summary: This comprehensive reference looks at pediatric primary care from the nurse practitioner point of view and scope of practice. It covers development, functional health patterns, and the diagnosis and management of disease.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 00
- Offers the experience of a unique author team that combines the perspectives of nurse practitioner educators, practicing pediatric nurse practitioners, and a pediatric nurse practitioner ...show more working and teaching in community health
- Emphasizes prevention as well as management of health problems, and provides a selection of both common medical and nursing diagnoses
- References major standards of care, including the Healthy People 2000 guidelines and the preliminary 2010 guidelines
- Charts normal values for growth and development, medication, and laboratory measurements in the appendices
- Features new chapters on environmental health issues and complementary therapies
- Includes differential diagnosis tables for related or similar conditions as well as tables that summarize management strategies for common conditions
- Lists web sites, organizations, and printed materials for clinician reference or client education
- Illustrates ear and skin pathologies with unique color plates
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2000