Summary: With its colorful, user-friendly format, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 7th Edition, provides you with all the pharmacology information you need - and no more than you need - to administer drugs safely and effectively . Increased emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization helps you focus on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluations related to drug therapy. Thoroughly updated drug information is clear and concise, ...show more highlighting the most commonly used drugs, and includes a unique focus on the safety-oriented QSEN competencies. Hundreds of full-color illustrations show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration. Written by pharmacology experts Linda Lane Lilley, Shelly Rainforth Collins, and Julie S. Snyder, this bestselling textbook employs innovative, practical learning aids to help you prepare for success on the NCLEX � Examination and in nursing practice. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 14
- Focus on need-to-know information provides the most essential drug information for safe, effective clinical practice.
- Focus on the nursing process and prioritization helps you apply the nursing process to all aspects of drug therapy, from assessment to nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated Study Skills Tips include practical advice on time management, note taking, study techniques, and test-taking strategies.
- Special boxes and tables highlight evidence-based practice, dosages, pharmacokinetics, laboratory values related to drug therapy, preventing medication errors, cultural implications, lifespan considerations, herbal therapies, and legal and ethical principles.
- Nearly 300 full-color illustrations and the Photo Atlas of Drug Administration show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in dr ...show less
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2014
Other Editions of Pharmacology and Nursing Process: