Summary: Always a student favorite, Pharmacology for Nursing Care offers a clear approach explaining drug prototypes and how they work. It provides the background needed to understand related drugs currently on the market, as well as drugs yet to be released. In simplifying a complex subject, this text focuses on the essentials of pharmacology. Large print is used to show need-to-know information, and small print is used for nice to know material. At the end of each chapter, a s ...show moreummary of major nursing implications helps in applying the material to real-world situations. This edition includes a new companion CD-ROM featuring NCLEX® examination-style review questions, a variety of electronic calculators, and animations depicting drug mechanisms and effects. Edition/Copyright: 6TH 07
- Uses a prototype drug approach that places a strong emphasis on understanding over memorization equipping students with the knowledge to learn not only about related drugs currently on the market, but also about those drugs that will be released once the student begins practice.
- Summaries of Major Nursing Implications at the end of each chapter provide an in-depth look at assessment, implementation, and ongoing evaluations.
- Utilizes large print for essential information and small print for nice-to-know information to help both faculty and students focus their limited classroom and study time on understanding the essentials.
- Concise drug summary tables present detailed information on individual drugs, including class, generic and trade names, dosages, routes, and indications.
- Key Points at the end of each chapter summarize content in a bulleted format to help students review important concepts.
- Prototype drug discussions employ a clear and consistent format with separate headings for Mechanism of Action; Pharmacologic Effects; Pharmacokinetics; Therapeutic Uses; Adverse Effects; Drug Interactions; and Preparations, Dosage, and Administration.
- An attractive full-color design adds visual interest, highlights key information, and facilitates student learning.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Other Editions of Pharmacology for Nursing Care -With CD: