Summary: For Introduction to Philosophy courses or for courses in Humanities and Philosophy in/and/of Literature. Edition/Copyright: 04
Philosophy Through Fiction and Film offers a fresh approach to philosophy using literary and film narratives along with standard philosophic works to introduce students to the basic branches of the field. The fiction and film enliven the philosophic issues, tapping into today's cultural experience, and the philosophic works ground the issues, showing th ...show moreeir deeper significance. At the same time, the fundamental problems of philosophy are covered to provide a complete introduction to the field.
- A fresh approach to philosophy--Uses film and literary narrative along with standard philosophic works to introduce the major fields of philosophy.
- Connects to today's students by showing basic philosophic issues in a contemporary context and through lively effective media.
- An extensive bibliography of films--Grouped under the fundamental fields of philosophy.
- Allows instructors to easily identify those films that can be shown in class to further enliven the philosophic material.
- Unique discussions of film.
- Illustrates philosophic concepts in a way that appeals to both students and faculty.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004