Summary: Physical Examination and Health Assessment provides all the information necessary to conduct a holistic health assessment across the life span. The physical examination unit is organized by body system, pedagogically and clinically the most logical and efficient way to learn and perform health assessment. Each chapter has five major sections: (1) Structure and Function (A&P); (2) Subjective Data (history); (3) Objective Data (skills, expected findings, and common ...show more variations for healthy people and selected abnormal findings); (4) Abnormal Findings (illustrations of related disorders and conditions in atlas format); and (5) Application and Documentation (sample charting, clinical case studies, nursing diagnoses, and critical thinking questions tied to the Saunders video series).Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
New to this Edition
- A clear, approachable writing style in an attractive and user-friendly format.
- Integrated lifespan content.
- Transcultural considerations in both a separate chapter and highlighted throughout.
- Hundreds of meticulously prepared four-color illustrations.
- Sample charting of normal findings and sample clinical case studies.
- Integration of the complete health assessment in a photo essay at the end of the book, where all the steps of assessment are put together in a choreographed whole.
- Student CD-ROM bound into every copy includes case studies, printable health promotion guides, and a comprehensive head-to-toe video on assessing the adult.
- Features hundreds of new full-color photos.
- Includes new chapters on screening for domestic violence and pain assessment.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Physical Examination and Health Assessment - With CD: