This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0073049922, 978-0073267807
ISBN10: 0073049921, 0073267805
Summary: Physical Science, Seventh Edition, is a straightforward, easy-to-read, but substantial introduction to the fundamental behavior of matter and energy. It is intended to serve the needs of non-science majors who are required to complete one or more physical science courses. It offers exceptional, straight-forward writing, complimented with useful pedagogical tools.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 07
Tillery introduces basic concepts and key ideas while providing opportunities for students to l ...show moreearn reasoning skills and a new way of thinking about their environment. No prior work in science is assumed. The text offers students complete coverage of the physical sciences with a level of explanation and detail appropriate for all students.
The sequence of chapters in Physical Science is flexible, and the instructor can determine topic sequence and depth of coverage as needed. The materials are also designed to support a conceptual approach, or a combined conceptual and problem-solving approach. With laboratory studies, the text contains enough material for the instructor to select a sequence for a two-semester course. It can also serve as a text in a one-semester physics and chemistry course.
- Science & Society boxes relate the chapter's content to current societal issues.
- New Myths, Mistakes, and Misunderstandings boxes
- Invitation to Inquiry exercises have been added to the end of each chapter.
- For Further Analysis exercises have also been added to the end of each chapter.
- McGraw-Hill's ARIS for Physical Science is a complete, online electronic homework and course management system, designed for greater ease of use than any other system available. Free on adoption of any McGraw-Hill physical science text, instructors can create and share course materials and assignments with colleagues with a few clicks of the mouse. All PowerPoint lectures, assignments, quizzes, and animations are directly tied to text-specific materials in Physical Science, but instructors can also edit questions, import their own content, and create announcements and due dates for assignments. ARIS has automatic grading and reporting of easy-to-assign homework, quizzing, and testing. All student activity within McGraw-Hill's ARIS is automatically recorded and available to the instructor through a fully integrated grade book that can be downloaded to Excel.
- People Behind the Science biographical boxes have been revised.
- Applying the Concepts multiple-choice questions were revised.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Other Editions of Physical Science: