Summary: Designed for medical professionals who may struggle with making the leap to conceptual understanding and applying physics, the eighth edition continues to build transferable problem-solving skills. It includes a set of features such as Analyzing-Multiple-Concept Problems, Check Your Understanding, Concepts & Calculations, and Concepts at a Glance. This helps the reader to first identify the physics concepts, then associate the appropriate mathematical equations, and finally to work o
ut an algebraic solution. They'll also be able to work high quality problem sets and gain immediate feedback through WileyPLUS, the online problem-solving management system. New Focus on Concept questions are featured in WileyPLUS, offering medical professionals a set of thought provoking conceptual questions as well as calculation problems.
Summary: Designed for medical professionals who may struggle with making the leap to conceptual understanding and applying physics, the eighth edition continues to build transferable problem-solving skills. It includes a set of features such as Analyzing-Multiple-Concept Problems, Check Your Understanding, Concepts & Calculations, and Concepts at a Glance. This helps the reader to first identify the physics concepts, then associate the appropriate mathematical equations, and finally to work out an algebraic solution. They'll also be able to work high quality problem sets and gain immediate feedback through WileyPLUS, the online problem-solving management system. New Focus on Concept questions are featured in WileyPLUS, offering medical professionals a set of thought provoking conceptual questions as well as calculation problems. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:8TH 09 Cover: Hardback Publisher:John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Published: 01/06/2009 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. INTRODUCTION AND MATHEMATICAL CONCEPTS.1.1 The Nature of Physics.1.2 Units.1.3 The Role of Units in Problem Solving.1.4 Trigonometry.1.5 Scalars and Vectors.1.6 Vector Addition and Subtraction.1.7 The Components of a Vector.1.8 Addition of Vectors by Means of Components.1.9 Concepts & Calculations.
2. KINEMATICS IN ONE DIMENSION.2.1 Displacement.2.2 Speed and Velocity.2.3 Acceleration.2.4 Equations of Kinematics for Constant Acceleration.2.5 Applications of the Equations of Kinematics.2.6 Freely Falling Bodies.2.7 Graphical Analysis of Velocity and Acceleration.2.8 Concepts & Calculations.
3. KINEMATICS IN TWO DIMENSIONS.3.1 Displacement, Velocity, and Acceleration.3.2 Equations of Kinematics in Two Dimensions.3.3 Projectile Motion.3.4 Relative Velocity.3.5 Concepts & Calculations.
4. FORCES AND NEWTON'S LAWS OF MOTION.4.1 The Concepts of Force and Mass.4.2 Newton's First Law of Motion.4.3 Newton's Second Law of Motion.4.4 The Vector Nature of Newton's Second Law of Motion.4.5 Newton's Third Law of Motion.4.6 Types of Forces: An Overview.4.7 The Gravitational Force.4.8 The Normal Force.4.9 Static and Kinetic Frictional Forces.4.10 The Tension Force.4.11 Equilibrium Applications of Newton's Laws of Motion.4.12 Nonequilibrium Applications of Newton's Laws of Motion.4.13 Concepts & Calculations.
5. DYNAMICS OF UNIFORM CIRCULAR MOTION.5.1 Uniform Circular Motion.5.2 Centripetal Acceleration.5.3 Centripetal Force.5.4 Banked Curves.5.5 Satellites in Circular Orbits.5.6 Apparent Weightlessness and Artificial Gravity.5.7 Vertical Circular Motion.5.8 Concepts & Calculations.
6. WORK AND ENERGY.6.1 Work Done by a Constant Force.6.2 The WorkaEnergy Theorem and Kinetic Energy.6.3 Gravitational Potential Energy.6.4 Conservative Versus Nonconservative Forces.6.5 The Conservation of Mechanical Energy.6.6 Nonconservative Forces and the WorkaEnergy Theorem.6.7 Power.6.8 Other Forms of Energy and the Conservation of Energy.6.9 Work Done by a Variable Force.6.10 Concepts & Calculations.
7. IMPULSE AND MOMENTUM.7.1 The ImpulseaMomentum Theorem.7.2 The Principle of Conservation of Linear Momentum.7.3 Collisions in One Dimension.7.4 Collisions in Two Dimensions.7.5 Center Mass.7.6 Concepts & Calculations.8. ROTATIONAL KINEMATICS.8.1 Rotational Motion and Angular Displacement.8.2 Angular Velocity and Angular Acceleration.8.3 The Equations of Rotational Kinematics.8.4 Angular Variables and Tangential Variables.8.5 Centripetal Acceleration and Tangential Acceleration.8.6 Rolling Motion.8.7 The Vector Nature of Angular Variables.8.8 Concepts & Calculations.
HAS SOME WRITING/HIGHLIGHTING IN IT.. Quite worn. Clearly used! Speedy service! Choose EXPEDITED for fastest shipping!
$39.93 +$3.99 s/h
GreatBookPrices Westminster, MD
Used, Acceptable Condition, may show signs of wear and previous use. Please allow 4-14 business days for delivery. 100% Money Back Guarantee, Over 1,000,000 customers served.
$94.15 +$3.99 s/h
AlphaBookWorks Alpharetta, GA
0470223553 MULTIPLE COPIES AVAILABLE - COVER IS TATTERED WITH EXPOSED CARDBOARD - May contain school stamp and student names - May have writing and highlighting - DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY CDs OR ACCESS CO...show moreDES IF APPLICABLE ...show less
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.