ISBN13:978-0321035721 ISBN10: 0321035720 This edition has also been released as: ISBN13: 978-0321051967 ISBN10: 0321051963
Edition/Copyright:3RD 99 Cover: Hardcover Publisher:Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc. Published: 04/28/1999 International: No
View Author Bio
Wolfson, Richard : Middlebury College
Pasachoff, Jay M. : Williams College
View Table of Contents
1. Doing Physics.
2. Motion in a Straight Line. 3. The Vector Description of Motion. 4. Motion in More Than One Direction. 5. Force and Motion. 6. Using Newton's Laws. 7. Work, Energy and Power. 8. Conservation of Energy. 9. Gravitation. 10. Systems of Particles. 11. Collisions. 12. Rotational Motion. 13. Rotational Vectors and Angular Momentum. 14. Static Equilibrium.
II. Oscillations, Waves and Fluids.
15. Oscillatory Motion. 16. Wave Motion. 17. Sound and other Wave Phenomena. 18. Fluid Motion.
19. Temperature and Heat. 20. The Thermal Behavior of Matter. 21. Heat, Work, and the First Law of Thermodynamics. 22. The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
23. Electric Charge, Force and Field. 24. Gauss's Law. 25. Electric Potential. 26. Electrostatic Energy and Capacitors. 27. Electric Current. 28. Electric Circuits. 29. The Magnetic Field. 30. Sources of the Magnetic Field. 31. Electromagnetic Induction. 32. Inductance and Magnetic Energy. 33. Alternating-Current Circuits. 34. Maxwell's Equations and Electromagnetic Waves.
35. Reflection and Refraction. 36. Image Formation and Optical Instruments. 37. Interference and Diffraction.
VI. Modern Physics.
38. Relativity. 39. Light and Matter: Waves or Particles? 40. Quantum Mechanics. 41. Atomic Physics. 42. Molecular and Solid-State Physics. 43. Nuclear Physics. 44. Nuclear Energy: Fission and Fusion. 45. From Quarks to the Cosmos.
List Price: $99.38
Used Currently Sold Out
New Currently Sold Out
Due back 05/29/2015
Save $59.39 (60%)
Free return shipping
21-day satisfaction guarantee
CDs or access codes may not be included
Marketplace sellers starting at $1.99
12 more offers below.
Additional Sellers for Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics
Just for you, we curate a growing list of independent booksellers, giving you even MORE choices when shopping for your textbooks.
Keep in mind: Marketplace orders do NOT qualify for free shipping.More about the Marketplace
Giving great service since 2004: Buy from the Best! 4,000,000 items shipped to delighted customers. We have 1,000,000 unique items ready to ship! Find your Great Buy today!
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
BreakTimeBooks Toledo, OH
Good book, great price! We ship daily via USPS. Buy with the best! BN
$1.99 +$3.99 s/h
Tacoma Goodwill Tacoma, WA
All pages are intact, and the spine and cover are also intact. May have some usage wear, missing or damaged dust jacket, stickers, cover creases, bumped corners, bent pages, remainder mark, previous o...show morewner label or name, inscription, notes, underlining and/or highlighting. Text only; no CDs, InfoTrac, Access Codes, Activation Keys, or other inclusions, unless otherwise noted. ...show less
$3.88 +$3.99 s/h
Yankee Clipper Books Windsor Locks, CT
Book shows a small amount of wear to cover and binding. Some pages show signs of use. Sail the Seas of Value
$22.26 +$3.99 s/h
Big Planet Books Burbank, CA
1999-04-01 Hardcover Good #1, 580, 637 in Books.
$30.97 +$3.99 s/h
Books Revisited Chatham, NJ
Possible retired library copy, some have markings or writing. May or may not include accessories such as CD or access codes.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.