Summary: Plant Physiology, Fourth Edition continues to set the standard for textbooks in the field, making plant physiology accessible to virtually every student. Authors Lincoln Taiz and Eduardo Zeiger have again collaborated with a stellar group of contributing plant biologists to produce a current and authoritative volume that incorporates all the latest findings. Changes for the new edition include: Edition/Copyright: 4TH 06
As with the Third Edition, material typically considered prerequisite for plant physiology courses, as well as advanced material, is posted at the companion website. New material has been added here as well, including new Web topics and Web essays. ...show less
- A new chapter ...show more (Chapter 24) on Brassinosteroids
- A completely rewritten Chapter 16 (Growth and Development)
- Updates on recent developments in the light reactions and the biochemistry of photosynthesis, respiration, ion transport, and water relations
- In the hormone chapters, new information about signaling pathways and regulatory mechanisms
- Coverage of major breakthroughs on the control of flowering, including the latest findings on the identity of the long-sought-after photoperiodic floral stimulus, "florigen."
Publisher: Sinauer Associates, Inc.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Plant Physiology: