Summary: Now in its fifth edition, Police & Society offers a descriptive and analytical look at the process of policing, from police behavior and organization to operations and historical perspectives. Focusing on the relationship between the police and the community and how it has changed throughout the years, Roy Roberg, Kenneth Novak, Gary Cordner, and new coauthor Brad Smith explore the most important theoretical foundations and incisive research on contemporary polic ...show moreing practices.
Features of the Fifth Edition
* Discussion of many new topicsincluding procedural justice, recruitment strategies for females and minorities, social media/social networking, and predictive policing
* Enhanced coverageof criminal procedure, officer stress and safety, intimate partner violence, brutality/extralegal police aggression, and more
* Expanded glossaryof key terms
* Engaging boxed features:"Inside Policing" boxes that discuss real-world police issues and "Voices From the Field" interviews--six of which are new to this edition--with nationally recognized experts
* Superior supplements:A revised and expandedInstructor's Manualand an interactiveStudent Study Guide on CD(packaged with the text) ...show less