This fully updated new edition introduces the core concepts, central thinkers, and major works of the burgeoning field of political ecology.
- Explores the key arguments and contemporary explanatory challenges facing the sub-discipline
- Provides the first full history of the development of political ecology over the last century and its theoretical underpinnings
- Considers the major challenges facing the field now and for the future
- Study boxes introduce key figures in the development of the discipline and summarize their most important works
- Fully updated to include recent events, such as the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill, as well as both urban and rural examples, from the developed and underdeveloped world