Summary: Practical Business Math Procedures is a comprehensive introduction to the concepts and applications of mathematics to personal and commercial business problems. The text uses basic arithmetic and problem solving techniques and illustrates their use in retailing, interest and loans, banking, payroll, taxes, investments, insurance, and a variety of other business situations. The text is well known for the motivating integration of interesting real world examples and ph ...show moreotos from the Wall Street Journal, Kiplinger's, and many other business journals. PBMP's is the most popular and widely used book for this course and is carefully written and developed to support students with little math experience with practice quizzes, thousands of exercises, color coded procedures and diagrams, supporting tutorial videos on DVD, and the highest standards of reliability and cleanliness. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 06
- Updated Banking chapter (4) includes new material on internet banking, trends in banking services and fees, new banking regulations and legislation, and examples and exercises that integrate these new options.
- Improved examples and presentation in Percents and Their Applications chapter (6).
- Payroll chapter has been updated to 2004 withholding rules as well as incorporating new examples.
- New Timelines on interesting topics such as the history of interest rates, the dates of invention of food products, high tech electronics, stock prices and more open each chapter and provide students and instructors with conversation topics and business literacy.
- New newsclips throughout the text provide students with a real world view of the application of business math concepts and procedures in companies such as Disney, Coca-Cola, Walmart, GE and hundreds of others. Students using PBMP's will learn business math as it is applied in 2004.
- New exercises and problems drawn from articles; hundreds of such diverse sources such as Time, Health Care Financial Management, and the Victorville Daily Press (California) provide high motivation for students and understanding of the broad application of the course content.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Other Editions of Practical Business Math Procedures -Text and Handbook and DVD: