Summary: This unique, brief, paperback text can be used as the main text for a legal reasoning course and also as a supplement in legal research, legal writing or introductory courses. Its primary purpose is to provide students with a solid foundation in reading and analyzing case law. It clearly and concisely explains complex processes with many examples and exercises to help students build skills, making it an ideal reference tool for paralegals on-the-job. ...show more''4''>Features Edition/Copyright: 96
- Exhibits are located throughout each chapter and visually illustrate and reinforce chapter concepts with charts and diagrams.
- This text contains a step-by-step explanation of the complex process of analyzing the law. The author explains concepts clearly and concisely, with many examples and exercises which are designed to help students build skills with confidence. The text will be useful throughout students' studies, and as an on-the-job reference.
- Chapter Objectives open each chapter and provide summaries of major concepts to be covered.
- Chapter Summaries end each chapter to emphasize and encapsulate major concepts.
- Practice Pointers are short features found throughout the text. They provide tips for the student on common analysis tasks and help students avoid common pitfalls. They also enhance class discussion : Chapter 2 provides a list of terms commonly used in legal writing; Chapter 5 explains some basic rules of logic and a Practice Pointer provides a tip on where to find additional information on using
Publisher: West Publishing Co. (College)
Year Published: 1996