on Orders of $25 or more*
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: An inexpensive, concise guide to composition, A PRACTICAL HANDBOOK FOR WRITING IN THE HUMANITIES is the only book written specifically for students in the humanities. This simple, straightforward guide to the structure and style of college writing is meant for students of Humanities instructors who require writing assignments but have little time to give formal instruction in composition.Edition/Copyright: 03
Part I: ESSAY STRUCTURE.
1. The Formal Essay.
2. Preparing to Write: Critical Thinking.
3. The First Step: The Thesis.
4. Sample Analysis: Poetry, Dickinson, "I Heard a Fly Buzz when I Died".
5. Sample Analysis: Painting, David, Oath of the Horatii.
6. Preparing the Structure: The Outline.
7. Preparing the Final Product: The Format.
8. Sample Paper in the MLA Style.
Part II: WRITING AND RESEARCH BASICS.
9. Notes on Style and Format.
10. Punctuation of Titles, Dates, and Other Matters.
11. The Research Paper.
12. Primary and Secondary Sources.
13. Using the Computer in Library Research.
14. The Use Of Sources.
15. In-Text Citation of Source.
Part III: CONSTRUCTING A BIBLIOGRAPHY.
16. Bibliographical Documentation.
17. Bibliographical Documentation in the MLA Style.
18. Bibliographical Documentation in Chicago Style.
19. Bibliographical Documentation of Online Sources in the Columbia Style.
20. Sample Bibliography in the MLA Style.
21. Sample Bibliography in Chicago Style.
22. Sample Research Paper in MLA Style.
Part IV: ANALYZING YOUR PAPER.
23. Structural Analysis of the Research Paper.
24. Editing and Rewriting.
25. Sentence Punctuation.
26. Sample Grading Sheet.
27. Grading Abbreviations, Words, and Symbols.
Part V: APPENDIXES.
Appendix I: How to Study in College.
Appendix II: How to Read.
Appendix III: How to Read a Textbook.
Appendix IV: How to Take Notes.
Appendix V: How to Answer an Essay Question.
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.