Summary: Practical Stress Management is a focused, personal, worksheet-based text that combines theory and principles with hands-on exercises to help students manage the negative impact of stress in their lives. The Fourth Edition has been revised to include updated nutrition information including the new MyPyramid. As a practical tool for recognizing and preventing stress, the action-oriented approach enables students to make personal change through self-reflection and behav ...show moreior change techniques. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 07
The workbook emphasizes a positive approach to stress management, covering topics such as relaxation techniques, coping with anxiety, managing anger, communication skills, and exercise and nutrition. In the Fourth Edition, the authors encourage students to be self-reliant by presenting activities that can be done independently without relying on outside sources for the cure to stress. Worksheets and Thoughts for Reflection boxes help students determine their own levels of stress and apply effective stress management techniques.
- Worksheets in every chapter allow students to self-assess and gauge their stress levels and coping skills. Guided practice encourages students to apply what they learn about stress and stress management, while helping them identify and react to their own personal stressors and stress responses.
- Feedback on Worksheets helps students interpret the results of the guided practice and often provides suggestions for how the knowledge can be used to avoid or treat stress.
- Stress Management Principles give students practical advice on how to recognize and handle stress in their own lives.
- Thoughts for Reflection boxes provide ideas on ways to improve physical and emotional health and self-reflective questions or statements that help students think about the concepts introduced.
- Feature boxes introduce additional interesting information, and often focus on ways that people in India perceive stress.
- Comes packaged with an audio CD-ROM titled "Relaxation Techniques." The CD-ROM contains an introduction to the issues of stress and its impact on human health, as well as a of relaxation exercises.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Practical Stress Management : Comprehensive Workbook for Managing Change and Promoting Health -With CD: