Summary: Only one textbook gives students a competitive edge for the AP statistics exam by following the College Board guidelines exclusively.Edition/Copyright: 2ND 03
Only one textbook combines the strength of the data analysis approach and the power of technology with supreme classroom finesse.
Only one textbook provides the support you and your students need to achieve maximum performance.
The Practice of Statistics--your AP Statistics textbook.
And now, t ...show morehe overwhelming favorite for the AP Statistics course is available in an even more powerful new edition, building on the qualities that made it an immediate bestseller with a number of new features, integration of the TI-89, and an even stronger set of print and media ancillaries.
New to This Edition :
- Essential AP content, including with strong treatment non-linear regression, probability as a tool of statistical inference, and additional coverage of geometric distributions and goodness of fit.
- Clear, concise explanations of statistical techniques and principles.
- Interesting examples and exercises, illustrating how statistics is used in a variety of fields.
- Activities that promote statistical thinking at the beginning of each chapter.
- Simulations which lay the groundwork for discovering underlying concepts, helping students to easily understand the material.
- TI-83 graphing calculator integrated throughout, with step-by-step keyboarding instructions and many sample screen outputs are provided.
- New Co-author--Daren Starnes, longtime AP Statistics teacher, exam reader, and technology guru.
- TI-89 graphing calculator integration.Now, since a significant number of high schools are using TI-89's, The Practice of Statistics, Second Edition integrates both calculators equally with side-by-side screen shots and keystrokes.
- New Features in Every Chapter:
- "Technology Toolbox" shows students how to use the statistical capabilities of the TI-83 and TI-89 graphing calculators, and provides tips for interpreting standard computer output.
- "Inference Toolbox" walks students through inference problems in short bites, adding more structure to complicated inference procedures. These begin appearing in chapter 10 where inference is first discussed.
- Increase number of examples and exercises, with more real data and source references.
- Highlighted application titles (in color at the beginning of each exercise) emphasize the variety and abundance of real-life applications.
- Historical Vignettes, at the beginning of each chapter, provide interesting contexts for the material that follows.
Publisher: W.H. Freeman