Summary: With the same design and feature sets as the market leading Precalculus, 7/e, this new concise text provides both students and instructors with sound, consistently structured explanations of the mathematical concepts. Precalculus A Concise Course is designed to offer a cost-effective, one-semester alternative to the traditional two-semester precalculus text. It contains the features that have made the Larson/Hostetler series a complete solution for both students and ...show more instructors interesting applications, pedagogically effective design, and innovative technology combined with an abundance of carefully developed examples with worked-out solutions and exercises. In addition Edition/Copyright: 07
- Side-by-Side Example Solutions for select examples include multiple problem solving approaches--such as algebraic, graphical, and numerical--to appeal to a variety of teaching and learning styles.
- Checkpoints after each Example/Solution refer students to similar drills in the Section Exercises, giving students the opportunity to practice and reinforce the concepts they just learned. Answers to Checkpoints are included at the back of the book.
- Vocabulary Checks open every set of Section Exercises. This review of mathematical terms, formulas, and theorems provides regular assessment and reinforcement of students' understanding of algebraic language and concepts.
- Exercise Sets are carefully developed to improve the categorization of problems from basic skill-building to challenging; improve the pairing of similar odd- and even-numbered exercises; update all real data; and add real-life and real-data applications.
- New! Make a Decision applications--presented throughout the text at the end of selected exercise sets--are based on large sets of real data. These extended modeling applications give students the opportunity to use all the mathematical concepts and techniques they've learned and apply them to large sets of real date--analyzing it, graphing it, and making conjectures about its behavior. These applications are featured in Eduspace and the Online Learning Center in an interactive format.
- Eduspace, powered by Blackboard, Houghton Mifflin's online learning environment, brings your students quality online homework, tutorials, multimedia, and testing that correspond to the Precalculus A Concise Course text. This content is paired with the recognized course management tools of Blackboard.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Precalculus : Concise Course: