Summary: Written by and for Nurse Practitioners from a unique collaborative perspective, Primary Care: A Collaborative Practice, 4th Edition, prepares you to provide care for all of the major disorders of adults seen in the outpatient setting. Evidence-based content reflects the latest guidelines for primary care of hundreds of conditions, including hypertension, diabetes, and sexually transmitted infections. Now in full color, the 4th Edition includes chapters on emergin ...show moreg topics such as genetics, obesity, lifestyle management, and emergency preparedness. Combining a special blend of academic and clinical expertise, the author team provides a practical text/reference that promotes a truly collaborative primary care practice. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 13
- Comprehensive, evidence-based content incorporates the latest standardized guidelines for primary care in today''s fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Unique! A collaborative perspective, reflecting the key roles of NPs, MDs, PAs, PharmDs, and others, promotes seamless continuity of care.
- A consistent format from chapter to chapters facilitates learning and clinical reference value.
- Diagnostics and Differential Diagnosis boxes provide a quick reference for diagnosing disorders and helping to develop effective management plans.
- Physician Consultation icons highlight situations or conditions in which consultation is either recommended or necessary.
- Emergency Referral icons identify signs and symptoms that indicate the need for immediate referral to an emergency facility.
- Co-management with Specialists discussions help you provide truly collaborative care in the outpatient setting.
- Complementary and alternative therapies are addressed where supported by solid research evidence.
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Other Editions of Primary Care: