Summary: Designed for financial accounting programs that prefer to start with a sole proprietorship approach, this market-leading text provides business students with a strong foundation in accounting procedures and emphasizes the use of financial information in decision making and analysis. The text--intended for use in a single semester or quarter--contains balanced, flexible content supported by an array of integrated print and technology supplements.Edition/Copyright: (9TH)05
The 2005e E ...show moredition maintains a high standard for accuracy, integrates performance measurement, and emphasizes technology. Real-world examples appear throughout the text to help students link accounting procedures to publicly held companies as well as international, governmental, and not-for-profit organizations.
- New! Blackboard and WebCT CD-ROMs include customized course material and information, such as chapter overview/learning objectives, chapter and lecture outlines, key points and terms, chapter-based PowerPoint slides, chapter summaries, assignments, and Web links. The CD-ROMs also contain interactive exercises and self-test questions from the Student Study Guide.
- New! Three new video cases, bringing the total number of video cases to eight, are available on both the Student CD-ROM and the HM ClassPrep CD-ROM for instructors.
- New! The instructor web site features a collection of new essays that discuss current events and issues in accounting. These essays can be used as exam questions or extra-credit assignments.
- New! The chapter-based HMAccounting Tutor CD-ROM replaces the Accounting Transaction Tutor (ATT). Students can apply the readings for each chapter to a diagnostic test, a tutorial, an Internet assignment, and a demonstration problem (which includes animation and voice-over narrations).
- New! Stop and Think questions for each learning objective motivate students to read actively. These critical-thinking questions--each of which is accompanied by a short answer--can also be used as a review device or as a springboard for class discussions.
- New! Chapter-ending comparison cases ask students to analyze the most recent Walgreens and Toys "R" Us financial statements and draw conclusions as a financial analyst would. Students calculate ratios and perform a comparative analysis of the two companies based on their results.
- New! The popular Focus on Business boxes, which relate accounting concepts to the real world of business, have been updated and redesigned, and 45 new boxes have been added to this edition.
- New! Each learning objective includes a list of end-of-chapter text assignments, so students can identify the questions, exercises, problems, and cases that relate to particular learning objectives.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Principles of Accounting - With CD: