on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: This text is written for a course that deals with the principles and applications of modern analytical instruments. Emphasis is placed upon the theoretical basis of each type of instrument, its optimal area of application, its sensitivity, its precision, and its limitations. The text also introduces students to elementary integrated circuitry, microprocessors and computers, and treatment of analytical data.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 98
Section I. Measurement Basics.
2. Electrical Components and Circuits.
3. Operational Amplifiers in Chemical Instrumentation.
4. Digital Electronics and Microcomputers.
5. Signals and Noise.
Section II. Atomic Spectroscopy.
6. An Introduction to Spectrometric Methods.
7. Components of Optical Instruments.
8. An Introduction to Optical Atomic Spectrometry.
9. Atomic Absorption and Atomic Fluorescence Spectrometry.
10. Atomic Emission Spectrometry.
11. Atomic Mass Spectrometry.
12. Atomic X-Ray Spectrometry.
Section III. Molecular Spectroscopy.
13. An Introduction to Ultraviolet/Visible Molecular Absorption Spectrometry.
14. Applications of Ultraviolet/Visible Molecular Absorption Spectrometry.
15. Molecular Luminescence Spectrometry.
16. An Introduction to Infrared Spectrometry.
17. Applications of Infrared Spectrometry.
18. Raman Spectroscopy.
19. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
20. Molecular Mass Spectrometry.
21. Surface Characterization by Spectroscopy and Microscopy.
Section IV. Electroanalytical Chemistry.
22. Introduction to Electroanalytical Chemistry.
Section V. Separation Methods.
26. An Introduction to Chromatographic Separations.
27. Gas Chromatography.
28. High-Performance Liquid Chromatography.
29. Supercritical Fluid Chromatography and Extraction.
30. Capillary Electrophoresis and Capillary Electrochromatography.
Section VI. Miscellaneous Methods.
31. Thermal Methods.
32. Radiochemical Methods.
33. Automated Methods of Analysis.
Appendix A. Evaluation of Analytical Data.
Appendix B. Activity Coefficients.
Appendix C. Some Standard and Formal Electrode Potentials.
Appendix D. Compounds for Preparing Standard Solutions of Some Common Elements.
Appendix E. Common Acronyms Encountered in Chemical Instrumentation.
Appendix F. Answers to Selected Problems Index
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.