Summary: Trains interviewers to recognize and avoid the pitfalls that could ultimately threaten the admissibility of statementsEdition/Copyright: 2ND 03
Identifies and classifies numerous behaviors for ready recognition and provides background information as to the reason or reasons such behaviors may or may not appear
Describes the characteristics of various personality types
Addresses the issues about false confession that are not always covered in interview and interrogation training ...show more curriculum
Examines the findings about false confessions and wrongful convictions
Contains photographs from REAL interviews with subjects suspected of various crimes, from simple thefts and forgery to rape, arson, and murder
How do you interpret a person's behavior during their interview? Some people say it's an innate quality that can't be taught. But anyone who's read Stan Walters' Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation knows that is FALSE. The overwhelming success of the first edition and the numerous success stories credited to the book prove that the art of kinesic interview, or behavioral analysis, is indeed learnable, and Walters shows you how to master it.
Why are some interviewers more successful than others? Why do certain techniques work only part of the time? Why did the subject confess? Why didn't he confess? With information based on firsthand observations from over 900 interviews and interrogations, Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation, Second Edition provides even more insight than the bestselling first edition into how people behave during interviews, what their behaviors reveal, and why they exhibit those mannerisms.
- 50% MORE PHOTOGRAPHS
- EXTENSIVE REFERENCES
- MORE BACKGROUND INFORMATION
- THREE NEW CHAPTERS!
New in this edition:
Explore the complex challenges of basic and advanced interview and interrogation techniques. Determine behavior from body language, speech, and written statements. Thousands of readers gained invaluable skills from the first edition. With the techniques presented in Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation, Second Edition, you too can discover the key to successful interview and interrogation. ...show less
- Extensive references, including law enforcement magazines, peer reviewed scientific journals, articles, papers, and texts
- 50 percent more high quality photographs depicting various nonverbal symptoms described within the text
- Coverage of the advances in the area of kinesic statement analysis, with more background information and representative examples
- Discussion of the phenomenon of false confessions, including contributing factors and avoiding pitfalls
- A new chapter addressing the basic concepts of interview and interrogation, making the book more rounded and suitable for beginners
- A short section on schizophrenia, brain disease, clinical depression, and suicidal personalities and their behaviors
Publisher: CRC Press I, LLC