Summary: For two- or three-term Physical Chemistry courses for chemists and engineers. Edition/Copyright: 01
This lucidly written text with 1500 exercises, problems and examples is designed to bring students to a functional level of literacy in the use, practice, appreciation and execution of physical chemistry principles and methods. The text presents all the theories and equations necessary, and teaches students how to think, how to use principles to properly treat a wide variety of s ...show moreystems, and how to obtain the equations to quantify various phenomena.
Narrative style engages students so they can grasp complex scientific points.
- Clear, informal writing style.
Provides relevance to technical material so students can see the applications as they relate to events familiar to them.
- Qualitative explanations reinforced by quantitative treatment.
Facilitates students' understanding of the chemistry so they can solidify their knowledge by immediate application.
- Comprehensive presentation with all essential theory and equations included.
Facilitates students' understanding on how to develop key equations.
Helps students distinguish core concepts from illustrative examples and derivations. Provides students with quick access to key equations.
- Principle equations highlighted.
Frees instructor's time to emphasize key points in the development of equations.
- Derivations of all equations given in complete detail.
Gives students essential background material.
Facilitates students' comprehension of material.
- Summary of key points and questions conclude each chapter.
Provides students with creative problems that relate physical chemistry principles to common examples in life.
- Superior quality of examples and problems with detailed solutions.
Helps students learn and understand derivations.
- All algebraic steps shown with explanations.
Provides instructors with a greater number of and superior quality tools to assess students' understanding.
- Over 1500 exercises, problems and examples.
Provides students with a greater opportunity to practice.
Provides accurate computations and plotting.
- Quantitative excellence of graphs.
This book can be used in any curriculum.
- Text is carefully written to allow presentation of quantum mechanics before thermodynamics.
Provides complete, detailed explanations and alternative approaches.
- Instructor's Guide and Solution Manual written by the text author.
Written in the same tone and with the same emphasis as the text. ...show less
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2001