Summary: Keeping pace with the tremendous changes faced by the nation, the Ninth Edition of Principles of Risk Management and Insurance is fully revised to provide current insurance information while maintaining the excellent, broad coverage that has made this text a market leader. Edition/Copyright: 9TH 05
Designed for a beginning undergraduate course, this text covers concepts of risk management, legal principles, property and liability insurance, life and health insurance, employee benef ...show moreits, social insurance, and the functional and financial operations of insurers.
New To This Edition
- Coverage of topics in corporate risk management, including enterprise risk management, loss forecasting, financial analysis in decision making, and the application of new technology to risk management programs in Chapters 3 and 4.
- "Internet Resources" boxes, with numerous Web site references in each chapter, recognize the importance of the Internet as a learning tool and source of consumer information.
- Primary emphasis on the insurance consumer, addressing personal risk management and financial planning, presents students an opportunity to apply concepts to their own lives.
- Updated "Insight" boxes provide current real-world applications that illustrate key chapter concepts.
- New, up-to-date discussions of the 2004 Personal Auto Policy (Chapter 10), the hotly debated new Medicare drug benefit for the elderly (Chapter 24), and the 2001 CSO mortality table (Chapter 16).
- Chapter 8 offers new coverage of the controversial issue of credit scoring for rating purposes in auto and homeowners insurance.
- Updated commercial lines information, Chapters 13 through 15, provides important material for an advanced course.
- Enhanced and revised discussion in Chapter 7 of the medical malpractice problem.
- New material on workers' compensation in Chapter 14.
- New application questions and a rewriting of all review questions.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.