- Introduces probability, statistics, reliability, and risk methods from a highly practical perspective
- Now includes even more material on simulation
- Prepares readers for practical problem solving with many real-world examples and end-of-chapter exercises
- Provides more than 120 computational examples, and more than 45 case study applications
- Furnishes sample projects online at http://cts ...show morem.umd.edu
Virtually every engineer and scientist needs to be able to collect, analyze, interpret, and properly use vast arrays of data. This means acquiring a solid foundation in the methods of data analysis and synthesis. Understanding the theoretical aspects is important, but learning to properly apply the theory to real-world problems is essential.
The second edition of this bestselling text introduces probability, statistics, reliability, and risk methods with an ideal balance of theory and applications. Clearly written and firmly focused on the practical use of these methods, it places increased emphasis on simulation, particularly as a modeling tool, applying it progressively with projects that continue in each chapter. It also features expanded discussions of the analysis of variance including single- and two-factor analyses and a thorough treatment of Monte Carlo simulation. The authors clearly establish the limitations, advantages, and disadvantages of each method, but also show that data analysis is a continuum rather than the isolated application of different methods.
Probability, Statistics, and Reliability for Engineers and Scientists, Second Edition, was designed as both a reference and as a textbook, and it serves each purpose well. Ultimately, readers will find its content of great value in problem solving and decision making, particularly in practical applications. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 03
Publisher: CRC Press I, LLC