Summary: Walter Savitch's Problem Solving with C++, Fifth Edition is available with Savitch's Visual C++ 6.0 Companion, providing everything needed to learn to write and run C++ programs in the Visual C++ environment. Problem Solving with C++ teaches programming techniques and the C++ language, while the Visual C++ 6.0 Companion discusses Visual C++--C++ language enhanced by Microsoft with an editor, a compiler, and a debugger--which is designed to accommodate and take full a ...show moredvantage of the Windows operating system. A CD-ROM featuring the Visual C++ language is also included.Edition/Copyright: 5TH 05
This book brings the best-selling text book for introducing C++ to fully embrace the most up-to-date C++ standards. Suitable for beginning students, the text covers C++ and basic programming techniques. Students will elarn how to define their own classes whilel gaining a solid understanding of basic tools such as simple control structures and function definitions. By defining their own classes early, students are getting a hands-on experience unrivaled by any other text on the market. Flexible by design, the order in which chapters and sections are covered can easily be changed without any loss on continuity in reading. Instructors can therefore mold this text around the way they want to teach rather than have the text dictate their course's organization.
New To This Edition
- Contains complete chapters on Inheritance, Exception Handling, and Templates.
- Creates a flexible style written with a measured approach to classes designed to allow classes to be covered at any time.
- Presents C++ examples in the context of complete, fully executable C++ programs that can be downloaded from the World Wide Web for manipulation.
- Includes numerous case studies and examples that demonstrate programming and C++ topics and instill good program habits.
- Maintains extensive pedagogy of exercises, programming projects, programming tips, programming examples, programming pitfalls, and summary boxes, all used to make the material understandable for readers.
- Uses a friendly and motivational writing style that is appropriate for beginners.
- Available in a special Visual C++ edition that includes this book with Savitch's Visual C++ for .Net Companion, including the Visual C++ compiler.
- Includes access to Addison-Wesley's CodeMate, an online program competency builder.
- Embraces fully the latest ANSI/ISO standards, including more coverage of namespaces (The previous edition was compatible with the standard, this edition embraces the standard more fully).
- Features an all new chapter on the STL.
- Contains an all new, full-color design.
- Includes new exercises combined with earlier projects and exercises many are rewritten.
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc.